10 California Faculty College students Overdose With Marijuana
LOS ANGELES — Ten Los Angeles college students appeared to have overdosed on hashish meals Thursday at their highschool within the San Fernando Valley, officers mentioned.
Round 10:30 a.m., college students aged 12 to fifteen had been in delicate to reasonable situation at Van Nuys Excessive Faculty, in keeping with the Los Angeles Hearth Division. Seven of them had been taken to kids’s medical facilities.
LAFD Captain Eric Scott mentioned the overdose might have been attributable to edible hashish merchandise and investigators are attempting to find out if all 10 college students obtained the substances from the identical supply.
Christopher Engel, 12, instructed the Los Angeles Instances that three folks in his class had been injured.
“They had been performing bizarre, drained, excessive,” he mentioned.
Firefighters searched the campus to verify there have been no different sick college students, Scott mentioned.
Groups had been capable of decide that the drug was not associated to the extremely addictive and probably deadly drug fentanyl, officers mentioned, and paramedics weren’t utilizing naloxone, which clears an opioid overdose.
The Los Angeles Unified Faculty District mentioned in a press release that medical help was requested “with nice care” however the campus remained “protected and open for studying.”
No different data was forthcoming.