A home hearth within the Bay Level neighborhood of East Contra Costa County resulted in a single resident being hospitalized with burns and smoke inhalation.
The Contra Costa County Fireplace Safety District responded to the fireplace with two alarms at 108 Gibson Avenue at 3:22 p.m. The reason for the fireplace is at the moment unknown, however CON hearth division chief Tracey Dutter stated it began within the upstairs bed room.
Two residents of the home tried to place out the fireplace, and one was despatched to the closest hospital with burns and smoke inhalation.
“Our suggestion to folks is that if there’s a hearth in your house, get out and keep away, don’t come again for any purpose,” Datter stated.
In accordance with a spokesman for the fireplace, the fireplace was shortly extinguished, however firefighters continued to examine the scene to seek out out the trigger.