DALY CITY – One particular person was injured after an unattended candle began a home fireplace Wednesday in Daly Metropolis, authorities stated.
The hearth broke out round 1:50 p.m. at a one-story residential constructing within the one centesimal block of Plymouth Circle, in response to the Northern District Fireplace Division. Arriving brigades discovered heavy smoke in the home.
After looking out the home and discovering nobody trapped inside, the authorities stated they labored to place out the fireplace and finally prevented it from spreading to neighboring buildings.
One of many residents, who ran away earlier than the brigade arrived, suffered minor burns and inhaled smoke, authorities stated. The sufferer was handled on the scene and brought to an area hospital for additional remedy. No different accidents have been reported.
Authorities stated six folks turned refugees because of the fireplace and have been all in a position to set up their very own housing.
An investigation discovered the fireplace was attributable to an unattended candle, authorities stated, including that candles are one of many prime 5 causes of dwelling fires in the USA.