DALY CITY – One particular person was injured after an unattended candle began a home fireplace Wednesday in Daly Metropolis, authorities stated.
The fireplace broke out round 1:50 p.m. at a one-story residential constructing within the one centesimal block of Plymouth Circle, in keeping with the Northern District Fireplace Division. Arriving brigades discovered heavy smoke in the home.
After looking out the home and discovering nobody trapped inside, the authorities stated they labored to place out the hearth and ultimately prevented it from spreading to neighboring buildings.
One of many residents, who ran away earlier than the brigade arrived, suffered minor burns and inhaled smoke, authorities stated. The sufferer was handled on the scene and brought to an area hospital for additional remedy. No different accidents had been reported.
Authorities stated six individuals turned refugees on account of the hearth and had been all capable of set up their very own housing.
An investigation discovered the hearth was brought on by an unattended candle, authorities stated, including that candles are one of many prime 5 causes of house fires in the USA.